OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe that the Bible is the Word of God and Revelation of God and therefore our only authority in matters of faith and practice.
2 Tim. 3:16: 2 Pet. 1:21: 1 Thess. 2:13: John 10:35.
2. We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ: that He is the very God by Whom and for whom “all things were created”.
John 1:1-14; Heb. 1:8; Col. 1:15-19.
3. We believe in the Virgin Birth: that He was conceived by the Holy Ghost and is therefore God manifest in the flesh.
Matt. 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-38.
4. We believe in Salvation by Divine Sacrifice: that the Son of God gave “His life a ransom for many” and bore “Our sins in His own body on the tree.”
Matt. 20:28; Rom. 3:24, 25; 1Pet. 1:18, 19; 1 Pet. 2:25
5. We believe in the Personality and Deity of the Holy Spirit: the Third person of the Trinity.
John 14:16, 17, 26; Act 5:3-5; Matt. 28:19.
6. We believe in the universal depravity of mankind; therefore in the necessity of regeneration through the Holy Spirit of God and faith in Jesus Christ.
Rom. 3:10-23; John 3:1-8; John 1:13; 13; 2Cor. 5:17
7. We believe in the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and in His bodily presence at the right hand of God as our Priest and Advocate.
1 Cor. 15:4-20; Heb. 4:14-16; 1 John 2:1
8. We believe in the immersion of the believer in water as the only Biblical baptism and the Communion of the Lord’s Supper as a privilege peculiar only to those who are believers in Christ.
Rom. 6:4; Acts 8:38, 39; Luke 22:17-20; 1 Cor. 10:16; 1 Cor. 11:23-26.
9. We believe that the New Testament order of a Gospel Church is a body of baptized believers, organized, independent, self-governing, and voluntarily associated together for the service of the Lord.
Act 2:42-47; Acts 11:19-26; Acts 13:1-5; Phil. 1:1-16, Phil. 4:15-17; Rev. 1:11, 20.
10. We believe in the great Commission given by our Lord to His church to evangelize the world and that the evangelization is the great mission of the Church.
Matt. 28:18-20; Luke 24:46-48; Acts 1:8.
11. We believe in the second visible coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to establish His world-wide kingdom on this earth.
Acts 1:7-11; 1 Thess. 1:10; Titus 2:13; Phil. 3:20, 21.
12. We believe in the reality and personality of Satan.
1 John 3:8-12; 2 Cor. 2:11; 2 Cor. 4:4.
13. We believe in a Heaven of endless bliss for the righteous and in the conscious and endless punishment of the wicked.
Matt. 25:46; John 5:28, 29; Rev. 21:1-8.
14. We believe in the security of the true Believer, that nothing can separate such a one from the Love of God: but that he is kept by the Power of God, through faith, unto salvation.
Rom. 8:35-39; 1 Pet. 1:5; John 10:27-29.
15. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
16. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one naturally born man and one naturally born woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other.
Gen. 2:18-25; 1 Cor. 6:18; 1 Cor. 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4
17. We believe that all people are created by God in His image. As His image-bearers, God gives all people inherent value and worth from the moment of conception through the natural end of life. We believe that the taking of innocent human life is an infringement on this inherent value and worth and a direct violation of God’s will for people.
Ex. 20:13; Ps. 51:5; Ps. 139:14-16; Isa. 44:24; Isa. 49:1, 5; Jer. 1:5; Matt. 5:21
18. We believe that Christians are prohibited from bringing civil lawsuits against other Christians or the church to resolve personal disputes. We believe the church possesses all the resources necessary to resolve personal disputes between members. We do believe, however, that a Christian may seek compensation for injuries from another Christian’s insurance company as long as the claim is pursued without malice or slander.
1 Cor. 6:1-8; Eph. 4:31-32; Matt. 18:15-17
OUR CHURCH COVENANT
Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, we do now in the presence of God, angels and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love, following the principles of God’s word found in Romans 12 (ESV):
“I appeal to you, therefore, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgement, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness. Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing so you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”